Would you like to join us as our Webmaster, or know someone who may? It’s a great opportunity to join a team of highly engaged volunteers, grow your skill base and support those trailblazing unique and adventurous career paths. You will need to be:
- Collaborative, engaged, responsible and organised;
- Experienced in operating websites on a Linux shared hosting environment;
- Experienced running a multi-user wordpress site (including permissions and security) as a content management system;
- Interested in SEO, site optimisation and front-end design;
- Competent and comfortable with HTML and CSS3;
- Willing to approach and tweak PHP, even if this is not immediately familiar;
- Healthcare background is an advantage, but not a necessity.
Over the last ten years, we have become the hub for the expedition and wilderness medicine community. It’s an exciting place to be with endless opportunities. We want someone who understands our desire to produce professional, consistent site outputs, while appreciating the challenges of maintaining a solid framework to help a multi-user team to achieve this. You will need to support our broad range of website authors and editors, who may not be particularly technically minded, to autonomously publish content on the site. Adventure Medic is run entirely by volunteers (though we cover expenses and there are often other perks, such as access to events, education and discounted outdoor equipment).
If you are interested in joining us, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and a CV.