A summary of some of the most pertinent publications in expedition medicine and global heath from Autumn 2022Read more »
- Seeking adventurous medics to join the team; Adventure Medic are recruiting!
- Critical Mass: The Cycling Revolution
- GECCo Conference 2022 – Weaving Global Health into the ED: Partners, mentors and fellowships
- Evidence explorer: Updates and news from the academic community
- Inspiring team members on podcasts
Delivering advanced medical care in austere and resource deplete environments can be difficult with the constraints of a small expedition kit bag and sometimes we are faced with hypotension unresponsive to fluid therapy alone.
In this succinct article our very own Dr Edi Albert shares his recipe for delivering adrenaline as a vasopressor when faced with acutely unwell patients in the field.
Natasha Syratt, a medical student from Plymouth University reviews the student Wild Trials 2022 event. This year 20 university teams took part; here she talks about how the weekend unfolded and her favourite parts of the weekend.Read more »
- Remote Medicine in a Virtual Environment: Are e-internships the future for medical education?
- New Zealand Southern Alps Pre-Hospital and Mountain Medicine Elective Opportunity
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology on the Zambezi
- An Outback Elective
- A Truck Crash in a Volcanic Desert (and other stories from Ethiopia)
With so much negative news and scaremongering in the media at the moment, we could all do with a bit of Jacques Huout in our lives. 41 years old (each leg), his zest for life and positive attitude is infectious. This short film is truly heartwarming and hopefully inspiring for all of us to get outside and live our lives, whatever our age.Read more »